Almost 3 months into the No more Stuff Challenge and we are definitely the happier for it. It is refreshing to spend less time getting and wanting and more time being.
The biggest and best thing that we’ve managed to acquire so far is time. The time that we used to spend shopping, or just browsing in shops is now spent on much more useful things, like:
• Hanging out together as a family, often just lying on the rug chatting and playing.
• Making boats from cardboard boxes, Hallowe’en costumes from old clothes, colouring, reading and building stuff with blocks.
• Cooking and baking together (well, Primrose mostly watches)
• Sharing lazy mealtimes. As half the participants are under two the conversation often ends up in renditions of ‘Old McDonald’ or that great Spike Milligan favourite ‘On the Ning Nang Nong.’
• Visiting friends and family. And just hanging out with them.
• Pottering about in the garden. Looking at slugs and worms, collecting leaves and cutting flowers and herbs.
We seem to rush about less and to have more time for laughter in our lives. Maybe it has something to do with me not being hormonal and pregnant (tgdada certainly thinks so) but I think we are now taking more time to find the joy in just being with each other.
I love my little family.
By the way, don’t forget to check out our nappy giveaway, thanks to Ecobrats.